Nope. But according to Israel National News after this latest storm front is finished we will have had the longest straight run of rain since 1994. Do you know how many days that is? 8! Yep, 8 as in EIGHT days of rain straight here is enough to tie or produce a record. Here is the link for the full scoop. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/149915#.Tsjs8D0k6so Good thing we are all stocked up on supplies. By that of course, I mean Starbucks Coffee, popcorn and movies. Food we can manage, it's not a snow storm. But when it rains, these 3 things are the essentials in my book! My sister might disagree on the coffee part, but I know I could get her to agree to hot chocolate from Starbucks! It seemed like when winter rolled around in our house, if we weren't off relieving my mom of parental duties by going skiing with our dad, our house could be found stocked with board games, instant hot chocolate and popcorn. So when it rains, that's what I get out at home here too! Our favorite game standard has been Candy Land, Y and M love the dream of really eating all that candy! However, I am rather pleased and excited to see that my kids are taking an interest in Scrabble. Of course basically this means fishing the tiles out of the box to see what we can spell, but Yeah! It's a start. I think we might have to wait just a bit longer to actually be able to keep score. It may not be Oregon, it's at least 25 degrees warmer here! But it's nice to have a little part of it here with us for a few days.
Hope everyone else is warm and dry too!
No comments:
Post a Comment