As D and I have gone down the merry path of parenthood I have learned a few things that never entered my mind. Here is a brief list:
1) Don't tell your kids it can't be done. They will find away or make you do it.
Particularly when it comes to things like putting tights OVER the pants of a two year old girl..........Yes, this can be done. It is not pretty, but it can be done.
2) Don't under estimate their imagination. S owns a plane, a car and was a fire fighter with his younger brother when he was a grown up. Just like his abba. He has also informed us that not only was there a battle between David and Goliath, but did you know that Varn the Giant was also involved in that famous battle. We have yet find any firm evidence corroborating that story, but S is pretty sure of himself.
3) We have looked up countless animals just to see what they eat. Have you ever thought about what a Rhinoceros, an Ostrich or a Wombat eat? And apparantly according to Y, Lions eat chicken. In fact just about every animal out there eats chicken.........
4) I realized that I DO know how to draw train tracks with side walk chalk on our mirpeset(Balcony).
5) Ketchup on bread is considered an edible and tasty form of sandwich if you are 5 and under.
6) If Eema leaves the house and you are stuck with Abba, there is nothing left to do but sleep so that you will be wide awake and whiny and hungry just about the time that Eema walks through the door.
7) 5:45 AM is an acceptable time for breakfast for morning people.............
I know there are more, but these are our current lessons learned. And we thought we were smart, but having kids changes the grading curve!
1 comment:
Um, so does that mean that Varn the Giant eats chicken too?
A couple lessons I want to add to that already great list:
*Don't ask kids to walk a straightline-they aren't drunk but it is physically impossible.
*Bark dust apparently has an interest factor I knew nothing about.
*If you say the magic words, all food will end up on the floor.
*That old saying "Your face will freeze like that.."-well, since becoming a mom, mine is permanently in the "hairy ball" stance. So...kids make your face freeze that way!!!
Post a Comment